12826847

I have had Lowell Solicitors contact me regarding a credit

Customer Question

I have had Lowell Solicitors contact me regarding a credit card debt and I was unsure if it was legitimate, so I sent a letter asking for the documents I signed. I sent the letter 10 March 2016 in which they received on the 14th March 2016. The have now sent me photocopies of the original agreement, but this was received by me today 19/07/2016. Is there a timescale that they must adhere to regarding sending we information that I have asked for as I thought it was 40 days. If so, what then is the outcome as I will have to go court if I want to contest on these grounds. With the letter they have also asked if I will withdraw my case and settle the debt. Can you advise
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

What would you like to know about this please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Firstly should they have responded to my letter earlier, within 40 days, which I thought was the cut off time. As it has been longer can they enforce this
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

No.

They are not bound by the SAR. They are not a public body.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Even if they were in breach of SAR responsibilities it wouldn't mean they couldn't enforce the debt.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you that's all I wanted to know
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

No problem.

For what is it worth, there are not many technicalities that allow people to escape payment. The internet is filled with rubbish on that topic.

All the best.