31090051

I have just seen the will from Probate Aunt who died

I have just seen the will from Probate for my Aunt who died 10/2/2014.
In clause three it stated:
"I give (free of all taxes) all my furniture and household goods to my sister Betty Vera Dolan of "Gambit" The Street Swanton Abbott Norfolk for her own use and benefit absolutely"
My mother for whom I was and am executor predeceased my aunt in August 2011.
Questions:
1. Does this revert to the estate because she pre deceased or is it covered by one of the exceptions as in for example the testator intended for the gift to pass to my mother's estate?
2. What does 'furniture and household goods' mean? Is that all the personal possessions and papers in the house or does it mean something different?
Many thanks, Ian
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

If your mother pre deceased you aunt then the legacy falls to your aunt's estate unless your aunt specifically provided otherwise. Secondly furniture and household goods would be furniture, carpets, curtains, ornaments, kitchen equipment, electrical appliances. It would exclude personal papers, money and clothes, for example. Happy to discuss further. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.