Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My husband has recently died and left all s assets including

My husband has recently died and left all his assets including his property, his accounts and all personal property in the United Kingdom to me ,his wife. Do I have to pay any tax?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. As long as you are legally married in the UK, there is no inheritance tax to pay on any inheritance received from your late husband. Furthermore, as he has passed all his estate to you, you also obtain his unused tax-free inheritance allowance of £325,000 therefore increasing your current nil-rate band for inheritance tax to £650,000.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.