F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

I have jfinalised my divorce. I have paid what was reqired.

I have jfinalised my divorce. I have paid what was reqired. The other party put a lean on the properity through the Land Registery. My thought was to write to the court and show proof of payment and get them to draft letter, This hopefully would resolve this problem.
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

Is this a Matrimonial Home Right notice? Is the other side refusing to remove it? What do you want to know about this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you are right, this was put on about five months ago. She has been paid off. I did write saying that the removed of this by themselves would be the correct and decent thing to do. But no answer. Should I get in touch with court (Bromley Kent), or get in touch with land registry, for guidance on this subject. I look forward to your reply.
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

Did she have solicitors acting for her ? Have you written to them? Or did you write to her?

This is the form that you need to send the land Registry.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/490285/HR4.pdf

the relevant part is section 7. If she would agree, you would tick box 7 A. and then, there is a section, the second box in 9 where your spouse would sign and that’s what you should have sent to her for her to sign although she does not sign it, you will have to try different methods which I will detail below.

Please don’t forget to rate the service positively. If you don’t, I don’t get paid!

We can still exchange emails.

Best wishes.

FES.

Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

We can still exchange emails.

Best wishes.

FES.