31090051

I WAS POWER OF ATTERNEY TO MY LATE MOTHER, WHICH TO BELIEVE

I WAS POWER OF ATTERNEY TO MY LATE MOTHER, WHICH I'M LED TO BELIEVE CEASED UPON HER DEATH. THE PROBLEM I HAVE A) WE CANT FIND HER WILL, THERE WAS 1, BUT OUR SOLICITOR WAS STRUCK OFF A FEW YEARS AGO. B) THE CARE HOME SHE WAS IN HAVE TAKEN ME TO COURT FOR UN PAID ACCOUNTS. I TOLD THEM AT OUT SET WE WERE LOOKING TO SEE WHO WAS EXECUTER. Any advice would help as being chased be debt collectors
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

Do you know what the will said? Have you traced where the solicitors files went by contacting the Law Society? Who would benefit if the estate proceeded without the will, ie, do you have brothers and sisters?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can't remember. But mother and myself thought house was signed over to myself as the orginal was when my late father was alive and went to each other
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

Can you find out what happened as that will be important if I am to help you with this

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have contacted that solicitor but because of a lot of other peoples problems as well they were not really interested in helping.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

Normally if you are attorney you would not be sued personally for care home fees. It is the person in care or their estate which is responsible. You should defend the action on that basis unless they have any evidence to show that you agreed to be personally liable. What have they said about that in the court action?