ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

I have received a child arrangement order that is incorrect

Customer Question

I have received a child arrangement order that is incorrect to Walmart had been discussed in court how do I appeal this please
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer

I am a Solicitor and will try and assist you.

Please may I ask:

- when was the order made?

- is walmart the hand over point? has this changed?

kind regards

Caroline

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Nothing to do with Walmart the order is incorrect
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What was discussed I meant

thats ok - it must have been a typo - guess you meant - what was discussed at court.

What is wrong with the order?

when was it made?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Many things like halve the court costs and weekend arrangements do not include bank holiday as disscussed, how do I go about changing or appealing it because it is not correct to what we had disscussed with caffcass it's very basic and doesn't address all the issues, it's due to relocation of the children
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It was made on the 6th July and only received in the post today

was you represented in the proceedings?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No, due to not being able to afford it.

ok

was you given a copy of the draft order to approve before it was sent to the court?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No draft order was given at all
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We were at court but after the hearing we all left assuming it was correct

was the order prepared by the other parties solicitor?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No it was disscussed in a room with caffcass and then went into court and it was written on the basis of what the judge heard then not what had been agreed in the room with caffcass it felt very rushed and not given chance I felt it imitated me and assumed that with caffcass documenting it would be ok
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can you answer how I appeal it on the basis it's incorrect
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It was on my terms and agreed then in the court room it seemed rushed

can you tell me if the other side agrees that there are errors in order?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'd like to think so but they can be difficult if caffcass documented what had been said then it may help
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The other party won't openly say unless I challenge it I don't think
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It would only be to ask if they agree
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can you tell me if there is a process to appeal

ok

you are not really seeking to appeal the decision what was made

but you are saying that the order does not state what was agreed at court

What you need to do is write to the court explaining that you do not agree with the order as it does truly reflect what was agreed. You need to explain what you consider to be wrong with the order and also make the amendments to the order that you consider are incorrect.

You need to send this back to the court asking this to be presented to the Judge/Mags who dealt with the case so that they can check their notes.

Its going to assist if you can get the other party to agree to the errors and send that confirmation at the same time.

let me know if I can help you further

kind regards

Caroline