F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

My dearly loved partner of two and a half years died on the

My dearly loved partner of two and a half years died on the 25th April this year. Her daughter was angry that I had been left a cottage in her will. There has been a great deal of harassment since. She threw me out of my home. Once the daughter Kerrie had possession of her mothers mobile iPhone she unfriended me from her mums Facebook page. Also Kerrie then removed all my partners messages to me from the facebook messenger, Their removal has robbed me of special messages that would have been be a comfort to me after my loss, Is there anything I can do to regain these special memories. Is there anyway I can report this activity to Facebook.
Val
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Has anyone been able to help with this please? We have not yet had a reply.
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

If Kerrie is appointed as Executor of your late partner’s will, she is classed as the Personal Representative of the Deceased and she able to deal with your late partners assets as though she is your late partner. That would include removing any messages which were in the Deceased account.

Legally, there is nothing you can do sorry to have to tell you. You can report it to Facebook but in all honesty I think they are unlikely to do anything for the reasons I stated above.

I’m so sorry that I could not give you a more favourable answer.

Please rate the service positive. It’s an important part of the process by which experts get paid.

We can still exchange emails.

Best wishes.

FES.