12826847

I have taken a person to the small claims court, she owes me

Customer Question

I have taken a person to the small claims court, she owes me £5000 and is now saying I gave her the money what can I do
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Do you have any record of communication regarding the amount she owes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She has admitted to the small claims court she borrowed £15000 and has shown with her bank statements that she paid back £10000 at the end of May 2014. It shows on her bank statements she had £95000 in her bank and she is saying why wouldn't she pay me back the full £15000. I knew she was in a lot of debt and so agreed to accept the £10000 until she sold a house she was renovating in Thornton. In the August of 2015 she borrowed £10000 off my son-in-law to pay for further work to be done on that house and also borrowed £1000 to pay for a memorial for her late husband of which my daughter paid. She has paid them back as she has sold that property and is saying I gave her the £5000. I have 2 other children and could NOT afford to give them £5000 each so would not give her £5000.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have any savings and have a mortgage of £85000 that I know I will never pay off so I need the money back to work on my house and move away from the area
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

OK thank you, ***** ***** it with me. I am in court for the day and will be travelling until late so I won't be able to reply until the morning. However, I will prepare my advice during this time and will get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to check on here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Thank you.