29905560

I started a pension with my previous employer in march 2014

Customer Question

i started a pension with my previous employer in march 2014 where i contribute X payment and that would be matched by my employer with 6% top up. I found out whilst going through a divorce that only two payments were made into the pension fund for April and May 2014, whilst payments that were being deducted from my salary still continued until September 2015. The company went into administration in November 2015.
I have been through avenues such pensions advisory service, administrator and the pension fraud protection service however i am unable to find a way to seek reclaim payments taken from my salary. please advise what i should do and if it is worth me pursuing
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello I presume there were no money or assets left after the administration to satisfy this debt?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - I presume there were no money or assets left after the administration to satisfy this debt?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The company was purchased by another company
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Have you contacted the new company to see if they would honour this as the old employer's liability may have transferred to them?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I have not and i presume they probably not, can we perhaps arrange to have a discussion over the phone so i can explain lot better, as i am stuck in a meeting all week and this process of emailing back and forth can get a little lengthy.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Phone call offer proposed, thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi mate but you havent called me and it seems you have accepted payment?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, the offer was made on 25 July, when I was available, but it was accepted by you on 1 August and unfortunately I have been in a long trial for the last week and a half so have not been able to contact you. I will not have free time for a call until next week now - so we can either proceed in writing on here or you can wait until next week for a call. Thank you