75100385

3 months ago I put an offer on the house through estate

Customer Question

3 months ago I put an offer on the house through estate agents. They had my details and they passed the offer to the seller of the house I believe.
My offer was rejected.
My employer lives next to that house and after chatting to the people who actually bought the house he found out that all the final bills in the property are in my name. So he told me about it and I went there yesterday and collected all the letters. It looks like estate agents or seller contacted, council office, water, gas and electricity suppliers and said I was living there. I have contacted estate agents but they where very unfriendly. It is taken me so far 4 hours to contact police council office to explain I was not living there. It looks like someone made big mistake and I have to spent time to fix it all up. Is there any advantage to take any legal action against them and ask for compensation?
Lukas
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello Lukas my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

What is your loss please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
at the moment 4h worth of my time phoning around and lots of stress
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
plus £18 for your advise
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

You need to write and set out your losses and request compensation within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not compensate you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Expert:  Ash replied 12 months ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/