12826847

My great niece's husband has been refused an ESTA visa

Customer Question

My great niece's husband has been refused an ESTA visa waiver into the USA because a conviction which occurred when he was 21 (he is now 35) was not expunged from his record after 10 years and it should have been. He went for an interview at the US Embassy in Grosvenor Square earlier this week, taking with him all the relevant information/documents. The purpose of this interview was for a visa to be issued but it was not, despite the fact that payment had been made prior to the interview. He was informed that even if he were to be granted a visa he still may not be allowed into the US. The whole family is flying out to Florida on 6 August for a once-in-a-life-time holiday so we are desperately trying to obtain a visa. Time is of the essence! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What was the conviction please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The conviction was GBH because a person involved had a cut hand. I don't quite know the full story. Therefore, I am copying this conversation to my great niece who will be able to inform you better. Her name is***** and her e-mail is***@******.***. Thank you, *****
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

What was the sentence please?