13262538

Im very new to this and am trying to find out things to help

Customer Question

Im very new to this and am trying to find out things to help a friend. Her children may be taken into care in 2 weeks time, and assuming that happens, I wondered whether that was the end, or if there are ways to get them out of care and back into her custody
thank you
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion first

Cpu;d you explain a little more about the background to the question please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, thank you for the reply. Its a very long and complicated story. As I understand it, she has been involved with social services for a long time. At Xmas she was living with her partner and two boys, one his son, the other from her previous marriage. He hit the latter son and she moved out to live with her parents. Social services were involved when her son was hit, and continued to investigate, they may have been involved before I dont know. There have been court hearings and I received a message from her saying she was losing the boys in two weeks time. I think they had concluded she couldnt look after them - I know she hasnt done herself any favours, walked out of meetings and had several major arguments, also I think they thought the home environment wasnt suitable. Her mother has a drnk problem, she was sharing a bedroom.
I suppose Im asking, if things have got so bad the children are taken into care, is that the end of it, or is there hope that, if things change, she could get them back again.
Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

How old are the children?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
11 and 3
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im pretty sure that its too late now to stop them being taken, but if things change, are there ways to return them to her custody
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Has she said of they are going to be adopted or move to long term foster care?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I suspect long term foster care, I hope adoption is not being considered. I guess if it is adoption that is pretty final
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

If your friend can change and show that she has changed - which will involve co-operating with all professionals and rebuilding a stable lifestyle

If she can do that - and maintain it for a year then there is always the chance of applying for the return of the children to her care provided there has not been an adoption

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if there has been an adoption, I guess that is fina?
thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
final
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Yes I am afraid so