How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Clare Your Own Question

Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 33324
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Im very new to this and am trying to find out things to help

Customer Question

Im very new to this and am trying to find out things to help a friend. Her children may be taken into care in 2 weeks time, and assuming that happens, I wondered whether that was the end, or if there are ways to get them out of care and back into her custody
thank you
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion first

Cpu;d you explain a little more about the background to the question please

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Clare, thank you for the reply. Its a very long and complicated story. As I understand it, she has been involved with social services for a long time. At Xmas she was living with her partner and two boys, one his son, the other from her previous marriage. He hit the latter son and she moved out to live with her parents. Social services were involved when her son was hit, and continued to investigate, they may have been involved before I dont know. There have been court hearings and I received a message from her saying she was losing the boys in two weeks time. I think they had concluded she couldnt look after them - I know she hasnt done herself any favours, walked out of meetings and had several major arguments, also I think they thought the home environment wasnt suitable. Her mother has a drnk problem, she was sharing a bedroom.
I suppose Im asking, if things have got so bad the children are taken into care, is that the end of it, or is there hope that, if things change, she could get them back again.
Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.
Expert:  Clare replied 4 months ago.

How old are the children?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
11 and 3
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Im pretty sure that its too late now to stop them being taken, but if things change, are there ways to return them to her custody
Expert:  Clare replied 4 months ago.

Has she said of they are going to be adopted or move to long term foster care?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I suspect long term foster care, I hope adoption is not being considered. I guess if it is adoption that is pretty final
Expert:  Clare replied 4 months ago.

If your friend can change and show that she has changed - which will involve co-operating with all professionals and rebuilding a stable lifestyle

If she can do that - and maintain it for a year then there is always the chance of applying for the return of the children to her care provided there has not been an adoption

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
if there has been an adoption, I guess that is fina?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Clare replied 4 months ago.

Yes I am afraid so

What Customers are Saying:

  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
< Previous | Next >
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther

Meet The Experts:

  • Jo C.

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
< Last | Next >
  • Jo C.'s Avatar

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
  • Ben Jones's Avatar

    Ben Jones

    UK Lawyer

    Satisfied Customers:

    Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
  • Buachaill's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Barrister 17 years experience
  • Max Lowry's Avatar

    Max Lowry


    Satisfied Customers:

    LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • Kasare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
  • Joshua's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice

Related Law Questions