29905560

I am from Ireland and booked flights and hotel accommodation

I am from Ireland and booked flights and hotel accommodation to fly to an audition in London. When I arrived in London that morning I seen on social media a girl had tweeted about the same audition the night before saying 'Learning my lines for tomorrow's' audition. This girl on Twitter has a verified account so must be someone famous and it's to star alongside a well known famous man as his girlfriend. These auditions were open auditions and the only information given was the venue and time to show up. There wasn't any scripts provided to anyone for this audition at all so how did this girl get sent one? She and goodness knows how many (obviously Z-lister) Cekebs were clearly given an unfair advantage over normal people like me and they were sent scripts were as we were expected to just walk in and read from a piece of paper, learn the plot and character there and then whereas the others had loads of time to prepare and get the character right. This surely has to fall under some law of equal opportunities in employment. They are either sent their favourite people that they know scripts or they have already decided who they are hiring and made an open casting day to waste people's time and in my case MONEY for flights and accommodation. I was so angry when I seen her tweet I sent the producer a message to tell him I wouldn't be making it to the auditions but that I had just arrived in London. He didn't respond. Later I decided to confront them and retweeted her tweet and asked how this was fair - again no response. I privately messaged the two producers asking them both privately why she was provided with a script and others like me weren't - again no reply. I have proof of all these messages via screenshot etc. Is there anything at all can be done? I am not working at the moment and I spent A LOT of money to go over for this audition when the producers clearly knew I had no chance and didn't give me the opportunity to rehearse or prepare at home. Do I have a case here at all??
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today. Whilst I completely understand your position, there is no legal ground to make a claim against them. This is a matter of morals, rather than unlawful actions. What they have done is going to be challenged as being immoral but that does not make it unlawful. You cannot make a claim for immoral actions unfortunately. Yu can however bring these practices to the attention of others, for example you can tell in a non-accusatory way of what your experience was and let the public make up their own opinion as to the way the company operates. Just be careful about directly accusing them of deliberately doing what you have said as that could potentially amount to defamation.

I'm sorry if this is not necessarily the answer you were hoping for, however I do have a duty to be honest and explain the law as it actually stands. This does mean delivering bad news from time to time. I hope you understand and would be happy to provide any further clarification if needed. If you are still satisfied with the level of service you have received I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page. Thank you

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. If this has answered your question please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars from the top of the page. I spend a lot of time and effort answering individual queries and I am not credited for my time until you leave your rating. If you still need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Many thanks.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, do you need any further assistance or are you happy with the above response? Look forward to hearing from you.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi,I am not thrilled with the answer only because it isn't what I wished to hear. I was certain this would fall under some kind of unfair employment act. However I am very happy Ben replied with all the information he did and was honest with me. He also got back to me in very speedy time.Many thanks
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 12 months ago.

Thank you and all the best