12826847

I am a female that was physically and verbally assaulted

Customer Question

Hello, I am a female that was physically and verbally assaulted last night, the person shoved and smacked me with a belt outside of a nightclub for no reason other than telling him not to touch me, another girl was also punched in the face. The witnesses at court will also include bouncers that have seen it happen and were assaulted as well. I also have footage of him physically charging at me and assaulting me, making death threats about using a gun. Me and my husband has not fought back at any moment and the police has cctv footage of the incident. I am left with scratches all over my arm. What are the charges this person might be looking at?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 months ago.

Was this just scratches?

Is that your only injury?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I got scratched being held by his friend up in the air while he had a wrapped belt around his hand and shoved me with it. There were many racial slurs (about Americans), and many death threats. He also charged at many other people, including as I said earlier another female that got punched in the face.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 months ago.

Ok. So what were your injuries?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
My injuries were several deep scratches and a bruised shoulder.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 months ago.

I would expect it to be charged as a common assault on the face of it.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 months ago.

The sentence would depend really on his previous really. On a first offence people do not get hefty sentences for common assault.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 months ago.

It could be charged as a racially aggravated common assault maybe.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 months ago.

If this is a common assault then it is really difficult to say what he would get. Unless he has horrendous previous then it would lead to a community order normally

People don't get custody on a first offence.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 months ago.

If he has horrendous previous then he could well get custody.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 months ago.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
He already got arrested and made bail today. But they investigator is encouraging me to take further action as the video is very clear and uncooperative with police and security.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 months ago.

Yes, he was always going to get bail.

They weren't going to remand him for this.