12826847

I have held my licence in the UK, Scotland. More that 2

I have held my licence in the UK, Scotland. More that 2 years. Around 2 1/2. I've had a clean licence not even a ticket in my life. I have been cause in a crawler lane(over taking lane as far as I'm aware) going 90 mph in a 60 mph zone. I have to wait for the court to send me a letter which takes 6-8 weeks to come in. What am I looking at for this? I do work but I only have an apprenticeship so my wage isn't great, what will I get for this I'm worrying already and it's not even been an hour
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.

What is the offence?

Driving without due care and attention?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I think so in not 100% sure. I was that shocked if I'm honest
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I couldn't see the vehicle either it was an unmarked car with a speed laser of some sort it wasn't the typical gun. I did have a passenger over the age of 17
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Also it wasn't my vehicle and I know the owner will be notified by post I'd assume, the owner knows I had the vehicle but will my details e.g name and address be on this document
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.

Do you have the summons there?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No this occurred earlier today, I have to wait 6-8 weeks for it to arrive.
Will my details be in the post to the registered keeper?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.

On the face of it, you are describing a matter of driving without due care and attention. That carries six points and s fine.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.

If you get six points in your first two years of driving then your licence will be revoked although you are not banned. You just have to take your licence test again.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.

Can I clarify anything for you? Jo

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Since ivevheld my licence over two years will i still have it?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Also how long will I have the points
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.

Sorry for the delay.

If you had your licence for more than two years at the time of the offence then you will not be revoked.

The points will last 3 years for the purposes of totting, 4 years for the DVLA and 5 or 10 years for the purposes of most insurance companies.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Nothing to worry about other than I fine and points? I know someone who was going 70 in a 40 zone and got 3 points and a £150 fine.. So I don't think I'd have to worry but a part of me can't help it
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.

70 mph in a 40 mph zone wouldn't normally lead to only 3 points.

But that is what you will get here.

Delighted to continue with this but please rate my answer.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
3 points is what I'm likely to get?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.

.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Al rate the topic once I know if I'm looking at 3, 6 points or loosing my licence?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I've already paid for my question which I don't feel like resolved yet?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.

Sorry but I'm afraid I am not able to continue then.

All the best.

Experience: Over 5 years in practice
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.

If this is 90 mph in a 60 mph zone then you would be facing 4-6 points or a ban of between 7-28 days. The reality is that it is likely to be points unless there is an aggravating feature.

There will also be a fine of 125-175 % of your weekly income, costs of £85 and the surcharge.