propertylawyer
propertylawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Property Solicitor with expertise in commercial and residential property transactions.
94563951

Does the owner of a commercial property need to have an

Does the owner of a commercial property need to have an asbestos sur vey done before selling a property when there is no knowledge of asbestos in the said property?
Expert:  propertylawyer replied 1 year ago.

The asbestos at work regulations require a survey to be undertaken by the person with control of the premises (commercial landlords pass on this obligation in the commercial lease either by specific clause or generally under a catch all obligation to comply with all laws relating to the property).

The buyer's solicitor should ask if there is one. If the buyer is using mortgage finance then the lender will require one, it is generally one of the lender's requirements.

It has become a standard requirement in recent times. If you do not have one you may need to get one.

I hope this clarifies the position.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or queries.

Please can I ask you to accept my reply, many thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does this apply to the sale of a freehold property?