75100385

The local BMW garage, had a pre-registered bmw 218d in the

Customer Question

the local BMW garage, had a pre-registered bmw 218d in the showroom, priced at 23500£ discounted to 20350£. I went in yesterday evening and spoke to the salesman,and told him I was looking for a car for my daughter as a graduation present,he said that that car was discounted to the maximum ,and there would be no further discount but had very little miles on the clock as they get a bonus from bmw to register the cars and they pass that to buyers,so I would not find a car like that for that price anywhere else.I believed him and arranged to go back with my daughter today,and we did, she had a testdrive ,loved it and we got a valuation for her 5 year old mini at around 4,000 £ to which I agreed the part exchange. we had lots of pictures taken of the car and a final picture taken of my daughter standing by it holding a sold sign.it took in total 3 hours, and finally we sat down to complete the paperwork,and thats when the saleman came back to us and told us that there was a problem: the price on the car was wrong,and for whatever reason someone made a mistake,he told me that price that the car is sold for is actually 28500£ so there is a difference of 8000£,he will speak to his manager tomorrow,and he would call me back and let me know what he can do...he refused to take a deposit on the basis that he would have to refund it...I was very upset,and my daughter told me not to worry,but I do not want to let this go...I think its outrageous that in an official BMW showroom this could happen:i was sold that car and so was my daughter,we sat through hours of talking about all the strong points of that car...he even linked my daughter phone to the car media system via blootooth to show how good it is, I agreed to buy a car at the asking price only to be told that it is £8000 more at the time of paying for it.do I have a legal right in this case?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Did you sign any paperwork or pay anything? I see you didnt pay a deposit

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my number ***********
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Alex