13262538

I am 58 years old born in July 1957. I would like to move to

I am 58 years old born in July 1957. I would like to move to England, and have been tld of a "Right of Abode" l do not understand this but as I have a family tree that goes back to a male ancestor born in Bristol UK 1831 l would like to know if this will help me be able to move from Sydney Australia to England.
Kind Regards
KAYE LABIS ***@******.***
Expert:  Clare replied 12 months ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Where were your parents grand parents and great grand parents all born?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
My ancestory from Elijah in Bristol shows that he and his wife migrated to New Zealand where he had his family. One of his sons, my direct ancestor when old enough migrated to Australia. We have been here since. I hope this helps, and l am willing to pay if by this information l will be able to move. I hope this helps you
Kind Regards
Kaye
Expert:  Clare replied 12 months ago.

I am sorry but you are not entitled to a Right of Abode as the link is too far back.

Equally I am afraid that since none of your grandparents were born in the Uk you are not entitled to an Ancestry Visa either.

I am sorry to give such bad news

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Is there any other possible way to move there? I have a partner who lives in England.
Expert:  Clare replied 12 months ago.

Does your partner have an Income of more than £18,600?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
No he doesnt. But l have 150,000.00 AUD. To contribute.
Expert:  Clare replied 12 months ago.

How much is that in Sterling?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
150,000.00 AUD = 85,288.50 GBP approx
Expert:  Clare replied 12 months ago.

How long have you and your partner been together?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I have known him for about three years now, over the net. I finally spent 16 days with him in Enland recently.
Expert:  Clare replied 12 months ago.

May I ask how old you both are

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
There is an extremely large age gap. But l am fully aware of the difference. He is 37 and l am 58, what l want to do is move there, use my money as a deposit on a home, and then plan for him to pay the mortgage. I am on my own here with only my 31 year old son that l am close too,, l don't think feel l am loosing anything by moving, he is on his own with two small children, l have looked into as much as l can, and l would love to help him care for the kids, and my money would be safe with the property in both names.
Expert:  Clare replied 12 months ago.

Thats ok

Are you both willing to consider marriage?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
we both are.
Expert:  Clare replied 12 months ago.

Would you consider coming for a longer visit first?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
but we are planning on getting married next time I am there.
Expert:  Clare replied 12 months ago.

YOU can apply to come here on a Fiancee Visa which can then be changed to a Spouse Visa after the wedding.

You can read more here

https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/eligibility

Whilst he does not meet the income requirement your capital will ensure that the financial requirement can be met

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Great Thank you so much for your help. It is very much appreciated.
Kind Regards
KAYE
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

You are most welcome I hope all goes well

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Good Morning Clare,
If possible I have a few more questions.
What is the financial Requirement for?
Do we need a Fiancee Visa first? We were just planning on getting married then applying for a spouse.
Also when we marry, once we put spouse application in, will I be able to stay in England while it is being processed?
Kind Regards
Kaye
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Armed with the info you have given me, and a bit more reading for myself, would I be right in saying that as an Australian I currently enter the UK for 6 months, and during that 6 months, we could then apply for a fiance visa and an extended visa so that I may stay in the UK till we marry? There is just one important question left. As I am Bi-Polar I need daily medications, will I be able to see a specialist to get the prescriptions I need and the medications?
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

You can enter for six months - and indeed you can marry whilst you here - but you have to return home to apply for the spouse visa

You will be able to pay privately for the health care you need