Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

I have just received a legal recovery action letter parking

Customer Question

I have just received a legal recovery action letter for a parking fine from 29/6/14/ which they say is now £179.00 to be paid in 14 days or action will be taken As far as I remember it can only be for parking in the private compound belonging to the flats where I used to live I must have forgotten to display permit. I cannot PAYE the charge and want to know where I stand legally
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

HI, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Have they said what action they will take? Have they said anything about the date when you illegally parked? Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No to both questions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just received e mail from them it was 29/6/14
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was in the parking compound where I lived forgot to put permit out
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more infosrmation, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why is there no response
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thank you. I would write back to them as follows:

- Say you deny any liability for the money;

- Say you were legally entitled to park there at the time;

- Say the delay in writing to you is nothing more than an attempt extort money from you and you consider this harassment under S.40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970 - which is a criminal offence;

- Say if they do not stop chasing you, you reserve the right to report them to trading standards and hold the responsible for your costs in defending the claim.

If they still proceed to sue you, you will have to defend the claim.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks i will do what you suggest
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

If I can assist any further please do not hesitate to contact me. Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did what you suggested await reply
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.