13262538

My wife left me 8 years ago.She had been helping care

My wife left me 8 years ago.She had been helping care for her mother-I understood that-but when her mother died,she ended up with her mothers house,where she now lives.Unfortunately,she persuaded my youngest son to put some money into buying her sisters share of the house,and he lives there as wll.My wife says she has gifted her share to my son,but no mention of her brothers share.I do know from the Land Registry that my son paid a sum of money to the Estates Executor(her brother) but my son id the only one listed as having an interrest in the house.I realise this is horribly complicated,so will understand if you cannot make a full reply,or even a partial reply.I just want to move on.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best t help you but I need some further informtaion first

What do you wish to know about this situation

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I basically want to know if I can divorce my wife for desertion,without any prior agreement regarding the house/finances etc etc? and without her consent?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

You can divorce your wife based on the fact that you have lived apart for more than five years.

There is no need for the financial issues to be dealt with unless she asks the court to do so.

You can find out more details regarding issuing the Petition here

https://www.gov.uk/divorce/file-for-divorce

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you,I suppose I could consider that £47 well spent,but it was no more than I expected to hear.I just needed confirmation before I went ahead,rather than walk into a Legal minefield that could see me lose everything!Thanks you for the propmptness of your reply,I think I see some light at the end of a very long tunnel at last.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome - do feel free to ask any follow up questions that you have as part of the service