75100385

UK Is it possible make a 'document discovery' request to

UK
Is it possible make a 'document discovery' request to building societies, and what is needed?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Could you please explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have a disputed will also disputing the execution as properly did, so we are asking the building societies for document release or maybe called interrogatories. This is not for over the value or accounts at this stage, and is not about disputing any sums or disputing anything the bank or building society did, but just to ask for documents showing any communication from the executor
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

They may not under the Data Protection Act 1998. So you may have to make an application to Court for specific disclosure.

You would need to do this using form N244:

http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n244-eng.pdf

The court would list the matter for hearing and decide whether to make disclosure.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you, ***** ***** just the right thing we can use. Sorry, do you know if there is a fee or costs and if the court would ask for the other person to be there (the building society for example)
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

There is a fee of £255.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks, ***** ***** know if this fee is per each document, or per number of orgnsations we request to?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

No, for one application.

Does that clarify? Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks on the one application can we list 6 building places we request documents from?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Correct.

If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex