12826847

I have been with my now husband years married three years. I

Customer Question

I have been with my now husband for 16 years married for nearly three years. I found out last year that he has been messaging women since 2014.I have all the evidence. I tried to separate/divorce when I first found out but did not have a full time job. I have been employed since Sept 2015 now, albeit on a temporary contract. I would like to now divorce. I have asked for half the house , well half with a bit of a top up 200k and maintenance until I secure full time permanent employment. We have no children together. He has a daughter he was paying 800 pcm for until sept last year. My husband earns 100k plus bonuses and has a 800k pension pot. He is saying that I cannot have what I am asking for. I do have a small share in an investment property but I own this with family. Is my husband right? thankyou
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion first

How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage

What is your share of the other property worth?