Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My 16 year old daughter has changed her name by deed poll

Hi, My 16 year old daughter has changed her name by deed poll and my ex husband is requesting the documents because he wants to update his trust fund for her, do I need to give them to him as he is very controlling. He also believes he should have signed something but she was 16 at the time.
kind regards Natalie
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you can call me on ***********
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. As you were married he would have parental responsibility for her and therefore a right to be involved in major decisions and issues regarding her.

Requesting her deed poll due to a change on name is ***** ***** request.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

In relation to the change of name, you are correct - as she was 16 at the time she was free to do this herself without his consent.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
does he need proof to update his trust fund for her, as her surname is ***** ***** name on the trust fund (Davidge-Howson) and now just Howson.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Yes, it would be reasonable that upon a name being changed all official accounts (banks, driving licence, passport etc) will need to be updated with a copy of the deed poll

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.

Harris, Law Specialist
Experience: Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I gave been a solicitor for more than 30 years.
It is entirely up to your daughter if she wishes to let her father have a copy - there is no requirement for her to do so, and there is no overwhelming need for it to be produced NOW for the Trust rather than in the future