75100385

I have conifer trees either side of my garden.I maintain

Customer Question

I have conifer trees either side of my garden.I maintain them regularly and keep them at reasonable height.Am I responsible for trimming them on neighbours side too?Also when we trim them we try to catch any cuttings but this is not always possible! I provide my neighbours with bags to put any cuttings in & then I dispose of them at the tip.Am I responsible for cleaning up any that have fallen into my neighbours garden?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Has your neighbour made a complaint please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only verbally to me yesterday when I went to give her the bags.she said I had to clear them up and also cut her side
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a number we can chat on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry,I did not require the phone discussion.the page conveniently jumped when I was tapping the box to respond to you!
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

How long have you been cutting the trees in this way?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
about 12 years.but this particular neighbour has only lived there for about 4 or 5 years
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok......

You are not responsible for trimming the neighbours side. But you are liable to go round and clean up after you have trimmed. Otherwise it could be considered at the very worst case, fly tipping.

But I think the fact you have given bags is quite reasonable.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Great, thank you.also if they pay someone to trim them on their side am I responsible for that bill?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

No. They failed to mitigate their loss

Does that clarify? Alex