12826847

Please could you give me some advice. My daughter is a

Customer Question

Please could you give me some advice.
My daughter is a young driver (18 years old) and yesterday whilst her car was parked outside our house it was hit by an uninsured, drunk driver. the car is a write off. Her insurance company have advised me that because their is very little chance of recovering their costs from the driver that it will go down as a "fault claim" on my daughter's insurance thus resulting in: her no claims bonus & future premiums being impacted plus she would have to pay the XS of £750.
I am wondering if there is anyway to avoid this, say if she didn't make a claim and just scrapped the car , how would that affect her no claims bonus as she is only 2.5 weeks away from renewal when she wouldd have earned a full years' no claims bonus.
The police are prosececting the driver. She is in court today.
Alyson Hannam
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

HOw can help with this please?