29905560

I was wondering if I can get some free legal advice. I have

I was wondering if I can get some free legal advice. I have two questions.
I head up an advertising team in which they have sold one of the products that we sell. We are now being told that rather than adjust the targets to reflect the loss of revenue they are intending to keep the targets the same. Most of my revenue was billed from the magazine that they have sold so I would need to re build my pipeline from scratch.
My first question is that can they legally keep the targets the same even though we have lost the opportunity to sell to our full potential due to the lack of product.
My second question is that now the other product has been sold to a new team I was told yesterday that my team was going to be re-structured and we would be entering a consultation period as the company is looking to implement new roles and that we would be in what is called a consultation period.
Are they legally allowed to do this.
I feel that currently we are a team of 3 (2.5 as I work part time). As we have lack of products to sell I am concerned that as I work part-time my role will be at risk to be made redundant.
What would you advice be to see if I can ask for voluntary redundancy.
Look forward to hear back from you.
Kind regards, *****
t: +44###-##-####
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Ben...
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

In relation to the redundancy, how long have you worked there?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It will be 3 years from October.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

OK, thank you for your response. I will review the relevant information and laws and will get back to you in a short while. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Also, please do not responded to this message as it will just push your questions to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Many thanks for your patience. Strictly speaking there is nothing stopping the employer from keeping the targets the same even if you have lost some of the products that made up these targets. The targets set by the employer are at their own discretion and an employer could have no targets at all or implement whatever targets they feel are appropriate. Whilst some may appear unfair, that is different to them being unlawful.

In terms of redundancy, that would occur if the employer requires less employees to do particular job. So if you were a team specifically tasked to do something and the employer no longer requires as many of you to do it, they could potentially make some of that team redundant. If you believe that your job may be at risk then there is nothing stopping you from putting yourself forward for VR. However, at the same time there is nothing stopping the employer from refusing to entertain your application or reject it. Usually an employer may not want to offer VR if there is the possibility of suitable alternative employment they could offer you, which would avoid the need for redundancy. But you have nothing to lose by asking for them to consider it.

This is your basic legal position. I have more detailed advice for you in terms of the law on suitable alternatives and how to work out if something is suitable, which I wish to discuss so please take a second to leave a positive rating for the service so far (by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars) and I can continue with that and answer any further questions you may have. Don’t worry, there is no extra cost and leaving a rating will not close the question and we can continue this discussion. Thank you