75100385

We have a neighbour whose van is left outside s house

We have a neighbour whose van is left outside his house overnight and its alarm goes off at between 6.00 and 6.30am each morning, stopping and starting several times, this has been going on for the past month. The van is leased by his company and part of the deal was they had to have this alarm fitted. What can I do, as it is driving us noisily mad, and being retired I don't wish to be woken at that time.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Have you reported this to anyone yet please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No to premium service offer, I think we finish this correspondence NOW, as you haven't given me what I wanted and trust you will return my deposit instantly !!
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

That was an offer for a phone call. We can keep it online, some customers prefer a phone call.

I asked: Have you reported this to anyone yet please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have not reported to anyone. Just wanted a straight forward answer to my straight forward question !
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Sure. First you need to report this to the Council - usually Environmental Health. That department should come out and install some noise monitoring equipment.

This will capture the alarm going off and the noise level. You should also start to keep a diary of when it goes off etc, because they will be used if it goes to Court.

Once the Council has this then they can investigate and prosecute where necessary. It may be that they could even apply for a noise abatement order. But the Council cant do this without having noise readings.

They need to be satisfied that the noise level is in breach of local guidelines (that vary from Council to Council).

That is why I asked if you had reported this to anyone, so I knew at what stage things were.

But the first step is the Council, Environmental Health

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No that's great, thank you.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The answer that I received fully answered my question and I was very pleased
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Great, if I could ask you to click on the happy faces or stars please. Thanks