Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

My husband and I had a leaflet through the door offering a

Customer Question

My husband and I had a leaflet through the door offering a Make Your Will service. we contacted the company and a representative called and we signed to proceed with the contract. My husband was rather hesitant because of the large cost. I asked if he wanted to discuss it before proceeding and paying the full amount up front. The representative assured us that we had 14 days to change our mind so we proceeded.
When we received the papers few days later it included a form to cancel within the 14 days. We duly signed this and returned it cancelling the contract. The representative has now contacted my husband by phone to inform us that we signed for the work to to be don and we are only entitled to £45.00 of the £3058 paid.
I would be grateful if you could advice if this is allowed.
Sincerely
Expert:  Jenny replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today.

If you have cancelled within 14 days you should have a full refund under the Consumer Contracts Regulations.

You should phone them and tell them to issue a full refund otherwise you will take them to court to recover as it is a statutory right. You can also threaten to report them to trading standards.

Please let me know if there is anything further you would like to know about this.

If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.

Expert:  Jenny replied 11 months ago.

Hello Rose is there anything further you would like to know about this?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am sending my initial question as you wrote that you are unable to find it. This is adding to the stress rather than helping.