How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Jo C. Your Own Question

Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 69783
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I need help/advice with recovery of unpaid invoices by two

Customer Question

Hi, I need help/advice with recovery of unpaid invoices by two customers of our Limited Company.
We opened cases in Money Claim Online (MCOL) is HM Courts & Tribunals Service Internet. In both situation we have aleady judgements against defendants. Also Warrants were issued but unsuccessfully. Owed amounts are not high about £800 and £400 but we still would like to recover debts. I will be very grateful for help or any advice
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 months ago.

What would you like to know about this please?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am wondering what more I can do to recover debts,
How I should chase both debtors to recover debs? I have judgements, but warrants were unsuccessful. Can you advice me what I can do more to recover both debts? Do I need do transfer cases from MCOL to other Court? Or maybe I can chase debtors by debt agency? What is the best way and procedures?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 months ago.

Are the judgments against them personally?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
In both cases the claimant is our Limited Company, one defendant is a private person, second one is a business.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 months ago.

Does they have any assets?

Is the private person working?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
They definitely have some assets. The owner of the business is house owner and the business address is the same as home address.
I am not sure regarding the private person, if he has any legal job at the moment. I know that he lives with wife in council flat.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 months ago.

Ok. Have you tried bailiffs?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No we didn't.
Do we have to do this by Court? Do we need to pay for it? Could you please advise how I can do this?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 months ago.

You can use bailiffs. They are fairly expensive and only really work if there are assets to recover.

Another alternative that is cheaper is to seek an attachment to earnings but that only works with the individual and is only really effective if he is earning.

To use bailiffs you do need an order of the court. It depends how committed you are to recover as it will rack up costs.

Can I clarify anything for you?


What Customers are Saying:

  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
< Previous | Next >
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther

Meet The Experts:

  • Jo C.

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
< Previous | Next >
  • Jo C.'s Avatar

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
  • Ben Jones's Avatar

    Ben Jones

    UK Lawyer

    Satisfied Customers:

    Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
  • Buachaill's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Barrister 17 years experience
  • Max Lowry's Avatar

    Max Lowry


    Satisfied Customers:

    LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • Kasare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
  • Joshua's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice

Related Law Questions