12826847

My son has been filmed on face book he is 13 and this has

My son has been filmed on face book he is 13 and this has been posted by an adult.
My son was dropping litter the adult confronted him and there was a dispute another boy allegedly hit the adult but looking at the video I can only hear and see provocation from the adult.
My son is adopted and goes by his birth first name he is also very vulnerable.
I understand the police have asked this person to take the post down but he hasn't,
Can you offer any advice
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Are you asking if you can force him?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

No, in short.

The fact that your son is 13 makes no difference. The law of photography applies to minors and adults alike.

A photograph or footage belongs to the person who takes it unless there is a contract for the negatives.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

You don't need consent to film a person. If you did the activities of the press would almost always be unlawful.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

If this footage does exist then he is perfectly free to use it accurately to name and shame I'm afraid.

The reason that you often see images of children blanked out is that it was one of the undertakings in the Levenson enquiry that the press would do that. It only applies to the organised press and, in truth, is not law anyway.

A random members of the public is not bound by it.

Sorry if that is bad news.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there anyting you would advise
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Well, if it is only of him dropping litter then that is an offence but it is not the worst crime.

The police obviously aren't interested so I would just ignore it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay that is clear thanks
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

No problem.

All the best.