Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

My mother has been diagnosed with dementia and at this point

My mother has been diagnosed with dementia and at this point has come to live with me. She can no longer live on her own and needs round the clock care. We are able to manage with her care for the time been but as she gets worse we will have to think about putting her in a home. To allow us to do this we will have to sell her home which we are planning on doing. Does she have to pay tax on the sale of this? If so how much? The property has been valued at around £400/450.000.
Mr ***** *****
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for your enquiry. As the property is your Mother's main dwelling/principal place of residence, there won't be any tax payable by her on the Sale. The only tax payable will be Stamp Duty which will be the Buyer's responsibility. I hope this assists and sets out the legal position. If so, please don't forget to rate my answer. Kind Regards Al

Hi, if I have answered your question, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer. Kind Regards Al