LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

Can a landlord inspect my property even though I have

Customer Question

Can a landlord inspect my property even though I have refused the time and day? I have asked to re arrange the time/day and they have said no. I want to be here as it is the end of our tenancy and they landlord wants to inspect it before check out. I can't make the day he is suggesting and I don't trust them to have a look without us being here. They have given us ample notice but I am not happy about them looking around the property without us being present
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to answer this for you.

The short answer is that he can do this if it is in accordance with the tenancy agreement which will contain provisions about inspection. If he has one of the common standard agreements then he probably can do this. But to be sure you need to check the agreement.

In terms of protecting your own position re the inspection you can take a film or photos, to prevent any false allegations of damage.

Is your tenancy in a guarantee scheme? If so, the deposit is held by the scheme and they will have a dispute resolution scheme.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the deposit is held in a guarantee scheme. Ok thank you, ***** ***** try and liaise with them a more convenient time and hope they agree

Ok Good luck and feel free to ask further follow up questions if you need to.

Also I would be grateful if you would please rate my answer.