F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

I have neighbours that dump their stuff by the bins on our

Hi, I have neighbours that dump their stuff by the bins on our property and never bother to clean it. I am the one that sorts it out. They also make noises right threw the day. I have approached them and our landlord and nothing has improved. He is rude and obnoxious. I would like to move but don't have the means to do this now, what can I do?
Expert:  F E Smith replied 12 months ago.

Have you reported this issue to the Environmental Health Department the local authority with regard to the dumping of the rubbish and the noise?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
No, I have not as I wanted to be civil about it.

It appears that whilst you want to be civil about it, the neighbours are not taking the same approach. If they are dumping rubbish on your land, then it’s a matter for the Environmental Health Department at the local authority. The same applies to the noise if the noise is more than the normal noise of life and is actually a nuisance.

You can bring a civil claim in trespass but that’s going to obviously incur solicitors and legal costs although a solicitors letter may remove the need to go to court if legal action is being threatened against the landlord and the tenant. If the landlord is aggressive when faced with legal action, he may become more so, in which case, it is a matter for the police.

Please rate the service positive. It is an important part of the process by which experts get paid. It does not cost you anything but helps us greatly.

Best wishes.

FES

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
FE Smith was very accurate and very helpful, I would recommend him again.

Thank you. If you could use site the rating facility, it would really help.

If you have a problem doing that, please let me know and I will tell admin.

Thank you. Best wishes.