How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask F E Smith Your Own Question
F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 9335
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
Type Your Law Question Here...
F E Smith is online now

I have neighbours that dump their stuff by the bins on our

Resolved Question:

Hi, I have neighbours that dump their stuff by the bins on our property and never bother to clean it. I am the one that sorts it out. They also make noises right threw the day. I have approached them and our landlord and nothing has improved. He is rude and obnoxious. I would like to move but don't have the means to do this now, what can I do?
Submitted: 12 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  F E Smith replied 12 months ago.

Have you reported this issue to the Environmental Health Department the local authority with regard to the dumping of the rubbish and the noise?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
No, I have not as I wanted to be civil about it.
Expert:  F E Smith replied 12 months ago.

It appears that whilst you want to be civil about it, the neighbours are not taking the same approach. If they are dumping rubbish on your land, then it’s a matter for the Environmental Health Department at the local authority. The same applies to the noise if the noise is more than the normal noise of life and is actually a nuisance.

You can bring a civil claim in trespass but that’s going to obviously incur solicitors and legal costs although a solicitors letter may remove the need to go to court if legal action is being threatened against the landlord and the tenant. If the landlord is aggressive when faced with legal action, he may become more so, in which case, it is a matter for the police.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Please rate the service positive. It is an important part of the process by which experts get paid. It does not cost you anything but helps us greatly.

Best wishes.


Customer: replied 12 months ago.
FE Smith was very accurate and very helpful, I would recommend him again.
Expert:  F E Smith replied 12 months ago.

Thank you. If you could use site the rating facility, it would really help.

If you have a problem doing that, please let me know and I will tell admin.

Thank you. Best wishes.

F E Smith and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you