I was involved in an abusive relationship with a polic

Customer Question

I was involved in an abusive relationship with a polic officer. When we split he became very threatening and I went to the police for help. I was advised to not pursue him for domestic abuse by a police officer (this was witnessed by another officer) but instead to just have a panic alarm at home. He was then arrested as I had informed them of stolen property at our house. This put me in danger from him although I'd asked repeatedly if they went after him not to involve me. The case of clear theft was kicked out by the police (internally) and he was put back on duty in the area I work as a Paramedic (just to mention he'd been investigated internally for domestic abuse prior to this and got away with it)
A few months later I was contacted by a different police force who had been asked to investigate him. The case involved myself and 2 others. He was found not guilty regarding the other 2 ladies which was shocking and no verdict reached against me.
It was due to go back to court last month and I pulled out the trial due to the extreme ill health of my daughter and not wanting to add to my stress. He was acquitted but the judge said he could see some very disturbing character traits in him so put restraining orders in place for our protection. I have now been contacted by the police yet again for his gross misconduct hearing.
I am curious do I have a case against Cambs Police as they buried multiple evidence from their first encounter with me and also they knew he was violent from his very first investigation. Do I have a case against them for the almost 4 years of trauma and stress I've had to endure and am now being asked to endure yet again because Cambs let him carry on as an officer and didn't deal with him the first 2 times. I know this is a bit of a ramble but there is so much too it...for example they filled out a domestic abuse risk assessment with me at the start which disappeared, there is no evidence of the panic alarm I had etc.
There is an awful lot more, please advise if you're u think I have a case.
One final note the IPCC have picked up the case as it was clearly very corrupt.
I look forward to hearing from you
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 months ago.

Sorry if I am missing the point but surely he was acquitted?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 months ago.

So he was prosecuted and the allegations were disbelieved?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
He was found not guilty against the other 2 woman and no decision could be reached against me. The investigation was started by Herts police as someone in Cambs Police had picked up on the fact this man was investigated twice and both times walked away. Herts took it to court and also handed the whole thing to IPCC as there were some huge discrepancies found at Cambs. I believe that Cambs were negligent in their handling of this and that if they had dealt with him properly in the first place I would not have had to endure 4 years of anxiety and stress. I could wait for the IPCC findings to see if there is a case to pursue, I just wanted a professional opinion
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 months ago.

But if the jury were hung then he was prosecuted and the allegations rejected effectively.

I'm really sorry but I'm afraid I cannot immediately see a negligence issue.

Also, the other problem is that, even if there were negligence, the emotional impact upon you was too remote from the wrongful act. The fundamental problem is that you were free to leave. I understand why you may have chosen not to leave but that doesn't render the authorities liable for your choice not to do so.

I'm very sorry but that is a reality. At the highest point there may be a complaint although I wouldn't recommend it.

Can i clarify anything for you?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi I don't think I am articulating the details very well. I am not interested in the domestic abuse side of things, although leaving a police officer who explains to you how he could perform the perfect murder wasn't an easy choice but one I made. it has been the mishandling and hiding of evidence by Cambs Police whose involvement began after he started to gain access to my home whilst I was out. That's why they gave me the panic alarm .However in writing this I think I answered my own question. The whole case from his first investigation to his current gross misconduct is now under review by the IPCC, I will wait for their findings against Cambs Police and then look at if there is a case for me against them.
Thanks for your time