75100385

A PPI company contacted me several times to apply.

A PPI company contacted me several times to apply for PPI. Eventually, I relented and sent them details of possible past PPI,S. However, their conduct has made me change my mind with regards ***** ***** pursuing a claim on my behalf. I told them this but they continue to make me sign authorisation documents. I refused and they are now charging me £600 or CCJ. I am a pensioner and also have high blood pressure. I desperately need to know where I stand. Can you please advise me of my rights?
Thank you for your help
Mrs Powell
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Did you sign any terms and conditions with the business at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I may have done, but I honestly don't recall this?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok - you need to write and ask them for a copy of the agreement.

If you have signed this then you may well have to pay the fees.

The fees however can only be laid down as per the agreement. In short they can ONLY charge fees if you have signed an agreement and then those fees in accordance with the agreement.

You can ask for a copy and by law they have to give you a copy under the Data Protection Act.

If you have NOT signed an agreement, then you do NOT need to pay anything.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am confused. They keep asking me to sign some paperwork which I am unwilling to do. I believe that they are letters of authority. As I do not want them to continue with the claim, why then, should I sign?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are several questionnaires that they've asked me to sign. I have refused.
If I DO have to pay anything, I would be unable to pay the full amount immediately. I am a pensioner.
Thank you *****
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

UNLESS you have signed terms of business then NO, you dont have to sign the questionnaires

Does that clarify? Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have added a picture of the Letter of Authority which I have refused to sign. It is one of many. I hope that you can view it.
Mrs Powell
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

UNLESS you have signed terms of business then NO, you don't have to sign it.

Does that clairfy? Alex