31090051

My council-issued parking fine appeal was rejected by the

My council-issued parking fine appeal was rejected by the Parking and Bus Lane Tribunal for Scotland and I'm told I have no further right of appeal. I do not agree with the result. What are my options?
Expert:  JGM replied 12 months ago.

You don't say on what grounds you don't agree with the result and you might want to give me further information about that. As regards ***** *****: Your options are limited as you can't have a new appeal, but you may be able to:

• make a complaint to the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman (SPSO) about the council. That is to do with administration and their failure to follow procedure.
  • ask for a review of the adjudicators decision.
  • ask for the decision to be reviewed in a court case called a 'Judical Review'. That is very very expensive and not recommended unless you are quite clear that the law was applied wrongly.
  • Happy to discuss further. In the meantime please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
My appeal was rejected because the road markings were unclear (acknowledged by the Tribunal) but the signage was clear, again according to the Tribunal. My grounds for objection are, the unclear road markings and that there was more than one sign (2 for an off-road car park, where I parked, and 2 for on-street parking where the unclear markings were). I interpreted the car parking restriction signs were for the on-street area as the single yellow line was "confused" with old parking bay white markings; it turned out that they were for the area in which I parked! The on-street car park markings, although clearly visible, were apparently out of use and replaced by a single yellow line. They also got the colour of my car wrong but that doesn't seem to matter! How can I be prosecuted when the road markings were so unclear? This dates back to 2011!
Expert:  JGM replied 11 months ago.

Thank you. I would ask for a review of the decision.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
OK thanks, ***** ***** it I should ask? The Tribunal is very clear that I have no further right of appeal.Thanks.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Please can yo answer this question? Thanks.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Who is it I should ask? The Tribunal is very clear that I have no further right of appeal.Thanks.