75100385

I am writing to you because I ’t know what else to do. I

Customer Question

Dear Sir or Madam,
I am writing to you because I don’t know what else to do. I will keep the information short, though, as you can imagine, there’s a lot more to it. In 2003, my then girlfriend, owns and lets out properties in and around Brent, moved into my single bedroom flat; (without being asked.) That done, she started hustling me for her to buy the flat I’m living in, for me, using my ‘right to buy’, which was £38,000. Pretty much as soon as the deal was signed, she moved out, and demanded that I signed the flat over to her, or she would have me thrown out. By this time I was having a nervous breakdown, and wasn’t exactly thinking straight, so I did what she wanted.
From the moment she first moved in she started filling the flat up with so much of her stuff, and her refusal to even listen to my requests, then pleas, then begging, for her to take it away; is one of the main reasons I ended up being treated for a nervous breakdown. She treated this flat like she was in a hotel; never cleared up, filling my home with, for example: furniture that was actually for her flat, bags of stuff that never even got opened, this carried on until the flat was cluttered from the front door, up the stairs, and into the rooms. One of the things she brought over was her grandfather’s
German iron cross that he was awarded as the Gaulieter (The Nazi equivalent of a Mayor.) of his town; which I constantly also asked her to take away.
It was in 2006 before her son made her take some of the stuff, about a third, from the flat, and the medal was missing. She accused me of stealing it, which I think she actually knows I wouldn’t do.
I have no idea what happened to it, and it could have been anywhere amongst the piles of stuff I threw out after her son said she didn’t want any more of it; which to me proved she’d only left it there because she knew it was driving me crazy.
At first she said she was going to work something out about my ‘investment’ in the flat, which went as far as paying the electricity bill, my mobile, and for my landline and phone, and she came round every month or so to collect mail, and gave me some cash. The last time she came round to do that was 02-12-2010. Then, when my mobile phone needed replacing, the company phoned me up, and after a long discussion I found out that since I’m not the named person paying the bill they wouldn’t supply me with a new phone without her say so. When I let ‘the landlady’ know that, she sent a text on 01-10-2011 saying that she wasn’t going to do anything until I returned the medal. Believe me,
I do not know where it is, and, having already seen, and experienced, how spiteful and vindictive she is; and, knowing how much pleasure she takes from her actions, there’s no way I’d have risked it for a medal; especially that one! Her oft repeated ‘If I don’t get my way, you won’t believe how unpleasant I can be.’ is no idle threat! I think she knows I would never have taken it, and she’s just using as an excuse.
Last year TalkTalk started phoning me up saying that the bill for the landline and internet was due, because the contract had run out, and I have paid it over the phone, once a month for about ten months, and each time I have to go through the ‘I know I am the user, but the bill is payed by…etc. etc.’ Every time this happens I have to pay and ‘the landlady’ says she will sort it ‘as soon as she has time’, and that she’s ‘much too busy to do it now.’ And I know perfectly well, by my own experiences, and by witnessing her do it to others, that this is her standard response to everything, and it actually means she has no intention of doing anything about it, and that ‘being too busy’ can mean lying in her paddling pool sunbathing in the garden.
If you have got this far, thanks for your trouble, and I would be grateful for any information or help you can give me. Just writing this has given me a feeling of inner peace that I haven’t felt since this all started.
Yours Faithfully,
Pete Newnham.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello Pete my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What is it you want to achieve please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex.
What I want to know is, what can I do, firstly about the £38,000 pounds she has to my mind stolen from me, and the subsequent constant harassment by not keeping to her word, and the constant stress caused by her standard answer to everything: 'I'm too busy to do anything now, I'll do it when I can.' which, in the case of TalkTalk, has been going on for nearly a year now.
Pete Newnham
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund of the £38k within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

As the claim is for £38,000 then you would need representation, ideally to draft proceedings and then to take the matter to trial for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Alex W. Something to think about. Pete Newnham.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Good luck Pete! Alex