I paid a debt off to a credit solution company in March,

Customer Question

I paid a debt off to a credit solution company in March , they should have forwarded it to Capitol one . This month I decided to do a credit check on myself ,it said I had defaulted on a debt . I wrote the cheque in March and it was cashed a couple of days later . I rang the company it took them a week to find out that I had paid . A week later Capitol one received payment . My problem is that yesterday I asked my bank for a loan of £2000 . I was refused because the default is still there . I rang Capitol one , they sai it can take up to a month to clear from my credit life . This seems to be very unfair , I didn't default and paid the debt in full last March . Is there anything I can do ?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 months ago.

So they accept it was an error?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Not really , I'm dealing with 2 companies
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 months ago.

Aren't credit solution a debt management company?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
they are , I was paying monthly by direct debit . I had money and decided to pay it off £ 5000 , so I wrote a cheque to cougar , who have since changed their name twice
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I didn't realise it was still outstanding . It's there fault but what do I do
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Cougar say the debt has cleared , Capitol one still has the default against me
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 months ago.

If you were in debt management though then you must have been in default?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I was with Capitol one . I paid the whole debt off over a couple of years . If the debt has been paid surely the default should be lifted
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 months ago.

The default is not lifted because it is paid off.

A default is added whenever an account is defaulted at all.

If you were with a debt management company then there must have been a default. The mere act of going into debt management does that.

You can have it marked satisfied if you repay the debt but not removed I'm afraid.

Sorry if that is bad news.