12826847

My house was searched this week under S8 pace and a number

Customer Question

Hello, My house was searched this week under S8 pace and a number of items were taken. I was not under arrest but after the search was escorted in my car with a police officer to the station for a interview. The police offer left a number of papers on my car and I found these later. This was a email from one police officer to another officer about the warrant. A summary of the Job, which includes everything about the case, This must have fell out of the car while geting my handbag out and i noticed it later on when returning to my car. A couple of hours later my husband was to be interviewed but pretty much had the info about the case. He didnt tell the police he had this but gave a copy of it to the solicitor. The claims in the papers are wrong but what is my best option to do with this?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.

What are you hoping to do about this?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I want to know what I can do about this?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The reason being is that anyone could have found this.. it shows me the whole investagation and who they contacted and about no cctv pretty much a summary of the job. Its what they give other officers about the raid etc.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.

Sorry if I am missing the point but about what?

I realise that a search is unpleasant but what specifically was unlawful about this?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The fact that the police left confidential docs about the case.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.

These are the search warrants.

They left them because you are entitled to a copy.

They are confidential but you are entitled to sight of them.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.

Therefore they have done nothing unlawful and, in fact, it would have been unlawful if they had not.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No.. these are not. These are private emails to one officer to another officer about the investagation.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.

Yes, the CRIS report. Part of the seizure documents. This is not unlawful.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is this a bot?These are a private email from a police officer to another police officer. it has a summary of the job and what to look for. everything about the investagion. even has contact with witnesses and partys to the investagion etc.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.

Well, as I've said really. This is the CRIS report.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.

Part of the seizure documents. This is not unlawful.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What does CRIS stand for?