12826847

I have recently moved home. British Gas have been my energy

Customer Question

Good Morning , My name is***** and I have recently moved home . British Gas have been my energy supplier for many years and I have never before disputed their charges . However I noticed they had charged me £461 for the period 25th March 16 until 11th May 16 . I read the meter , but British Gas have not checked the reading as I have moved .as they always do .They refuse to do and instead instructed debt collectors even though I paid the Bill in full before the agreed date . I am upset that they instructed debt collectors and I still feel I have been overcharged by £300 at least .Any help you can provide would be much appreciated . Regards ***** *****
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Do you have a record of the meter reading you provided at the time you moved out?