13262538

I would like to know what my partner is entitled to if we

Hello. I would like to know what my partner is entitled to if we part. The house is in my name which I bought with no mortgage. 3 years ago I took A 50k mortgage for an extention. I pay ALL the bills except the TV licence. He has just started paying for some new funiture. I also Pay his council tax and all food. I have lent him money in the past to buy cars with the "I'll pay you back". We have been together for 11 years and have been in this house for 9 years. Yours Ian
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my nest to help you but I need some further informtaion first

Please confirm that you are not in a Civil Partnership or marriage and that there are no children involved

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not in a Civil Partnership and no children.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

In that case he has no financial claim on the house if you separate.

His only entitlement is to "reasonable written notice to leave" - at least 28 days maybe 56.

If you died whilst you are still together however he would be able to make a claim against the estate

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details