75100385

I was a witness to an incident in a venue that has left me

I was a witness to an incident in a venue that has left me very traumatised. The venue the incident took place was left trashed and staff of the venue were also left traumatised from this. The perpetrators are very famous.
The owners of the venue are seeking compensation as an out of court settlement to prevent this being leaked to the press.
The owners want a statement from me and have promised me a share in the compensation. My statement is key in this matter. I want to make sure I have legal documents signed to guarantee my share of the compensation before I give a statement
& is it possible to prevent my details bring released should it hit the press?
Expert:  Ash replied 12 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help with this.

What is it you want to achieve please?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi I want to know what legal documents I would need to be sure of my share of compensation. I'd like to know how to make sure they are genuine documents I am signing and I want to know if there is a way if it comes to it how to stop my details appearing in the press
Expert:  Ash replied 12 months ago.

Yes you just simply have a letter.

In it you say that you agree to accept £xxxx in full and final settlement, as a result of being a witness and promising not to disclose the circumstances to anyone else.

Therefore if this is signed by you and them and they dont pay, you can take them to Court for the costs agreed.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
If the otherside don't agree to pay the compensation, the owners of the venue are then going to go to the press with this. Is there a way to stop myself being named in the press. Is there some sort of injunction I can get?
Expert:  Ash replied 12 months ago.

No sadly - because its true.

Only if it was a lie could you do anything

Can I clarify anything else?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Oh dear I'm so worried. I have no questions right now but if I think of another later can I come back to you?
Expert:  Ash replied 12 months ago.

Sure. If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance! Alex

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Of course.. I'll definitely rate you in a couple of hours as I just need to think if there is anymore advice I need on this.. ... thank you ��
Expert:  Ash replied 12 months ago.

Sure. Good luck. Alex

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
rate you positively
Expert:  Ash replied 12 months ago.

Thanks. Please do remember to click the happy face/stars.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi sorry another question. The owners of the venue are asking for compensation and I believe this to be a large amount but I do not know how much.... The otherside are saying this is blackmail & if they continue they will make this a police matter... The venue owners are then saying if this was a police matter they would've gone to the police by now as this situation has been going on for 3 months...,,Who is right?
I don't want to be part of a blackmail team but if I don't give my account of the event the owners of the venue will probably lose & then they will go to the press with this story. .....To be in the press terrifies me!
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
The owners are stressing that this is about compensation not blackmail
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
To add the other party cannot afford for this to be in the press as it will do serious damage to their reputation ...
Expert:  Ash replied 12 months ago.

Its not blackmail, there is no threat of violence.

You can tell whoever you want

Does that clarify? Alex

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Thank you Alex for your help..ill now rate you ..
Expert:  Ash replied 12 months ago.

Thanks. Alex