75100385

Copyright law? I have received correspondence from a german

Customer Question

copyright law?
I have received correspondence from a german law firm indicating Ithat i am using an image on my website that belongs to their client they are asking for 1200euros for compensation and their fees.
The photograper is based in the USA the law firm is in Germany and I am UK based.
I did not know the image used was copyright I employed a web desiger to construct the site I have now removed the image in question and taken the website down until i can verify if any other images are copyright.
What should i do next, i have been advised that they must have a uk law firm to pursue the matter and i should ignore their correspondance.
martin
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello Martin my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Has the web designer said it was taken without permission?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He said he downlaoded it from Google and found many others that had used it. didnt mention permission
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have you an idea of when you will call me please.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just in Court, can I call lunch time?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
would you be able to give me a time so i can be sitting comfortably with a pen and pad- any time would be good or a window between which you would call methanksm
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

About 1.15pm?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

no problem. alex