Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

The executor of my Fathers will is willing to revoke his

The executor of my Fathers will is willing to revoke his position. I am a beneficiary can act as executor without engaging solicitors?
Many Thanks
paul
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 11 months ago.

Hi Paul,

You can apply to be your Father's administrator (as you are a beneficiary).

However, there are some set Forms you and the Executor will need to sign, and if you are not familiar with these, you are best to ask a local Wills Solicitor to draft them.

Basically, the Executor will need to sign a Form called a Deed of Renunciation. You may be able to download a copy from the internet for a small fee, if you can find one.

You will then need to apply to your local Probate Registry to be Administrator of the Estate. If a Solicitor was acting for you, he would prepare the necessary Oath which you will need to sign. If you want to do it yourself, provided you have the signed Deed of Renunciation, you can make an application yourself to the Probate Registry, and they will then send you the necessary Oath to swear.

I hope this assists and sets out the legal position.

Kind Regards

Al

Can I assist any further? If I have helped, please don't forget to rate my answer. Thanks Al