75100385

A number of years ago, a tree surgeon was engaged by us to

Customer Question

A number of years ago, a tree surgeon was engaged by us to carry out tests on a beech tree in our garden and produce a report. He did so, and was paid almost £400 by me. Recently, our neighbour, through his work, had spoken to the same (purely coincidental) tree surgeon who remembered doing the report for us. Our neighbour told us that the tree surgeon was going to give him a copy of the report (for what purpose, we don't know). Can the tree surgeon do this? I thought the report belonged to us, and was not for public viewing as he had been paid for his services.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

What was the purpose of the initial report please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We thought that the tree might have a fungal disease.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok. You are quite right it's your report you paid for it.

Unless it was ever agreed in any terms and conditions it would be disclosed to a third party then it can't be

He needs your consent to do this, it's your report. There may be also a breach of the data protection act by doing so.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where do I go from here? Do I contact the tree surgeon or speak to the neighbour who is going to receive/has received a copy of the report?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

You speak to the surgeon, that is who your contract is with.

Does that help? Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you.Sue Gross.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Happy to help Sue. Alex