12826847

Since I put in a complaint about noise my neighbour has been

since I put in a complaint about noise my neighbour has been parking his car in such a way as to make it difficult to get off my drive, after a period of this we moved our car onto the pavement where he had been doing this, he immediately parked vehicles on the pavement behind us to prevent pedestrian access and block our car. I contacted the police to complain that I felt he was harassing and trying to intimidate me and I felt distressed I had photo's of all the above. The police refuse to look at the photo's and have said there is no case for harassment, intimidation or antis social behaviour is this true
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

What would you like to know about this please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do I have a case for harassment as the police officer will not even look at any evidence he just says he is a police officer and knows the law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry is there a case for intimidation or antis social behaviour also
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

No, that is not harassment.

That is just parking in an arguably inconsiderate way. That is not making contact either directly or indirectly.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

It is certainly not anti social behaviour.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

At the very highest point it is causing an obstruction however you really should be careful about that.

The reaction of the officer would tend to suggest that he is not sympathetic to your position. They do sometimes give people harassment warnings for making allegations of a repeated nature.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you, ***** ***** like I will just have to live with it
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

The case of Waxman confirms that.

You don't want to end up with a situation where they have turned on you. The police are really only for really serious issues.

I realise that neighbours are annoying quite often but that doesn't mean they are worthy of the attention of the police.

I'm very sorry but I have to give you truthful information.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, thank you for the advice
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

No problem. All the best.