75100385

I have a friend who is now in prison and wants to cancel her

I have a friend who is now in prison and wants to cancel her o2 monthly phone contract ,o2 says it cannot be done ,any legeal advice please
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Do the terms and conditions which your friend agreed to, say it can be cancelled if someone goes to prison?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have messaged her mum and asked her to check ..,Surely if someone in prison and has now no longer any means of paying and is not what you would call std circumstances ,why would o2 be so mean ? is there any precidence at all
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
as much as i would like live chat ,I too an unemployed and every penny is a prisoner ,sorry
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
T & C , o2 will only cancel if someone goes into Armed forces ? strange most people would need their phone more i would have thought ?
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

99% of cases are not reported I am afraid.

However if its in the terms and conditions that they are not liable and can cancel then they are able to.

Otherwise if the terms and conditions do NOT say they can cancel if they go to prison then they are still liable.

So its all in the contract terms. I am assuming this is because with O2 someone could only be in prison for 2 months, then they could just cancel their contract.

Sadly you need to look at the terms. If O2 still wont cancel then you can complain direct to their head office which is located at:

O2 Complaint Review Service
PO Box 302
Dunstable
LU6 9GN

If that does not work then you can complain to the Ombudsman. They offer a free, independent service and are located at: https://www.ombudsman-services.org/communications.html

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No thank you Alex ,have a nice day thank you for advice
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex