12826847

I have to fill in a statement of means form regarding a

I have to fill in a statement of means form regarding a speeding offence being dealt with by magistrates court. The income details required on the form are irrelevant to me being retired and living on a state pension and small private pension.I am required to state any savings I have .I am concerned that stating my savings (£50000, in building societies) I will be penalized but I subsidize my pension income from this capital (hardly any interest being paid) Please advise what I should do
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Are you asking if you have to disclose?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the form states extra fine of up to £2500 and/or 3month prison for giving false information
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how long will it take to get advice from you
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, you do have to disclose. The forms are fairly clear. Anything in savings has to be disclosed.

If you are saying that your years of economic activity are over and this is your life's savings then that is something you can use to mitigate.

But you cannot fail to disclose this amount on the forms.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thanks ,I don't need clarification