12826847

My wife has/was employed in a family run hotel for 13 years.

Customer Question

My wife has/was employed in a family run hotel for 13 years. Most of her hours worked were during the summer and reduced hours in the winter.
No written contract was ever given to her.
In April 2016 she requested leave for two months to visit her sick father in China, which was granted.
She received holiday pay for part of her leave and took unpaid leave for the rest.
On her return to work it was agreed that she would work Monday, Wednesday and Friday evening.
She worked two Wednesday's in July.
On the 24th July 2016, she received a telephone call at home and was told there was no more work for her and her services were no longer required.
No notice was given or offer of compensation.
Your advice and comments will be gratefully appreciated.
David Townson
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello was she an employee or self employed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Employed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Telephone No: 01736 719140
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As yet I have not received a valid or satisfactory response