75100385

I bought a brand new car yesterday but have changed my mind.

Customer Question

I bought a brand new car yesterday but have changed my mind. They say it's too late and that I can't cancel because they already registered the car to me. Where do I stand? The PCP agreement says I have 14 days to cancel, but the dealer says I'm still committed to buying the car. Help!?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have paid no deposit and have not taken delivery of the car
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Did you sign at the dealers or online/distance?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
At the dealers
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

Thanks. Alex

Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

Its the Consumer Credit Directive which states you have 14 days cooling off period. Alex

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Just to double check, as I've read conflicting advice now online.The PCP contract & order form were signed at the dealers. The entire process took place on Saturday (yesterday). They say they already registered the car to me, and that cancelling the order is not straight forward for that reason. However, no deposit was paid at all, and I've not seen the car in question. The conflicting advice I've heard is saying that the finance (PCP) can be cancelled, but the order to buy the car is an enforceable contract that I cannot get out of? However, you are saying that none of this matters because the consumer credit directive entitles me to 14 days within which to change my mind and walk away regardless of signing an order, and them having registered the car? Even though it was all signed on the day at the dealers? Sorry to be a pain, but I want to be 100% certain before talking to them in the morning. Many thanks again.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It's mainly the information I read here thats causing my concern:-
http://www.thecarexpert.co.uk/bought-a-car-and-changed-my-mind/I've also noticed advice from other solicitors on this site say that once the order form is signed at the dealer premises, it's a binding contract with no cooling off period. I'm hoping that just means that if you change your mind, you've lost any deposit paid - but thankfully I paid no deposit. The PCP finance says it can be cancelled within 14 days with no questions asked. It's just the binding contract to buy the car therefore that worries me after everything I've read.
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

If its finance then you have 14 days yes.

Its because you have finance, which is why you can change your mind.

Even if they say you cant you can claim the terms are unfair as per the Consumer Rights Act 2015

Does that clarify? Alex